As always, you can read through what’s changed on the changelog. Here are a few highlights, apart from the translations mentioned above.
The first of these was requested on the forum, and actually turned out to be easier to implement than I’d first thought. Basically, if the current page is listed in the navbar, it will be highlighted there. So on the About page, the word ‘About’ in the navbar will be highlighted.
We’ve also added yet another theme hook,
$frontPageInclude, which displays its contents on the front page, after the first post. It ought to be useful for adding adverts, or a quick intro to your site.
Finally, we’ve added a link to our new Styling Content documentation on the ‘Write Post’ page in the admin panel, to give Tarski users quick and easy access to the image and insert classes we’ve added over the last few versions.
There are also a number of minor tweaks, basically polishing the things we added in 1.2 and fixing a couple of bugs that had crept in, but I won’t list all these as it might get a little tedious.
A note on translations
It was only after we released 1.2 that I realised that we hadn’t put the Tarski Options page into the
gettext framework which allows for translations. Thus, the Options page was omitted from the translations included with this release. This is our fault, not that of our translators, and it’s something we hope to remedy in the next release.
By way of explanation, we meant to overhaul the Options page for 1.2, and for a number of reasons it just didn’t happen. Because we were going to change it so drastically there didn’t seem to be any point of spending ages putting all the text into
_e functions, and by the time we came to release I’d forgotten that it hadn’t been done. This has been fixed for 1.2.1 and an updated POT file is up on our localisation page.
Thanks again to everyone who’s contributed to Tarski, and I hope you enjoy using Tarski 1.2.1.
As always, post any bugs or suggestions on the forum.
Comments are now closed.