Tarski 1.2.2 contains numerous bug fixes and tweaks to improve both Tarski’s stability and its flexibility.
The changelog has all the gory details, but here’s a brief run-down of the changes. Firstly, our wonderful translation team has expanded the scope of the Swedish, Dutch and German translations currently available to cover the Tarski Options page and a few other bits of text which were missed or omitted (by me, not them) during the initial localisation work.
As always we discovered our own needs exceeded what the software was capable of, so we’ve added several more theme hooks to allow the insertion of text or objects (adverts, for example) at the end of posts and pages, as well as the ability for you to write custom 404 error messages. Instead of just linking back to your front page you could link visitors to your archives or tag page, or include a search field.
This release should also be compatible with WordPress 2.1: we’ve updated various things like links listings and the navbar code to make them work with the new functions and database schema present in 2.1. If you find any incompatibilities between this release and WordPress 2.1, or that we’ve broken anything in WP 2.0.x, please let us know so we can get a patch out quickly!
Lastly, we’ve fixed a number of bugs and tidied up the code in various places. A number of little scripts have been made into functions and can now be found in
functions.php, which leaves the markup skeleton a lot tidier and easier to read and amend.
Many thanks to all our contributors, especially our tireless translation team, and I hope you enjoy using Tarski 1.2.2.
Please post any bugs or suggestions on the forum.